Saturday 31 March 2012

Spring...

So this morning I awoke at 5am with a feeling of determined purpose and a new guitar riff in my head, so for me it was a musical morning! I think that every day should start like this because it makes me feel so alive, so happy and I know that no matter what happens I'm going to have a great day.
It is the last day of the flute for me, and I'm really happy with my progress. I still need to work on my breathing skills (lung capacity needs to increase a lot if I want to play more than five consecutive notes...) however I am teaching myself the Godfather theme which has been in my head all week for some reason...

Anyway...

I love giving gifts to people, especially at the end of a long week or the beginning of a new one. I think that there's nothing more special than making someones day a bit brighter, so with that in mind on Thursday and Friday I used some of my savings from my job at the college to purchase what seemed like half of Thornton's chocolate eggs...I went in three times throughout the day to get Easter eggs for everyone in my year, but ended up buying them for a few more people who definitely deserve a wee Easter gift!! (The young man in the shop must have realised they weren't all for me and kindly gave me a further reduced price, so thank you Thornton's man!!)

My college work has been going quite well as I have finally managed to convince myself that making a soloist music stand is the right thing to do. I think that most of the time the person that stops you from realising your potential, is you. It's hard to admit, but for the past two years I have been stopping myself from actually moving forward and increasing my creative skills!!! Now I am focused and ready for the hard work ahead. With the stand design that I'm making I am going to be working a total of eight meters of 20mm round bar for the main sections, with an added length for the top section where the music sits (and some other details on the main body) and at least 200mm of 10-12mm square copper bar.
I love forging copper every now and then and I like to think that I have managed to get my copper forging skills to an acceptable level. I think it looks great next to mild steel if you get the right finish and I think it's appropriate for this piece to have a least one dissimilar metal just as the piece of music I'm working to has different ideas and sections.

Some photographs will follow tomorrow as today is a day of Spring cleaning, music writing and relaxing because I feel I deserve it!!

That's all for now because the Internet in the house is too unpredictable at the moment!! I would say that to anyone reading this, please support Earth Hour which is happening today at 8.30pm and details of what it's all about can be found on

http://earthhour.wwf.org.uk/?pc=AJB004001


Thanks!Link

No comments:

Post a Comment