Wednesday 16 May 2012

Unexpected support...

So earlier this week I had to pick up a parcel from the sorting office because I was out when the postman delivered our mail. I thought it was some letters from home being sent down, but I was wrong...
I received one of the most thoughtful gifts ever from someone who obviously knows me too well. I got a large, leather-bound sketchbook 'To fill with all of the designs you haven't yet made in uni' and 'To show I support you in your endevours' (learning a new instrument each month) a set of handmade pan-pipes!!! This has definitely made my week and a huge thank you to C.K. It's amazing to know that there is always someone who's got my back and can offer support when I need it most. I strive to do the same so to those of you that know me, I'm here for you!

The designing of the top section for the music stand has gone very well and is now complete! The base is well on it's way to being finished, then forging it will begin tomorrow. I am in high spirits because I managed to get quite a lot of work done today at the forge and am ready to bolt a few sections together. Then I'll make the rest of the piece, see how it looks and finish with handmade rivets.

Last week was a bit of a set back because I got ill and didn't manage to get much forge work done, however I did do my sketchbook work, with a few new ideas for future developments/projects added in there. I also sent off my artist statement, worked on my website, thought about my portfolio, wrote some more music, optimised my laptop, applied for a blacksmithing job, packed more of my things for moving out and read a really good book...This is my work station at the moment complete with cups of tea and lemsip!

Anyway, here are some photographs of the piece that I took earlier today out at the forge. Since then I've done a bit of work on the bars, but this is a rough idea of what the piece is going to look like (ignoring the sellotape...).


Thanks and have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment