Friday 4 May 2012

Balancing work and life...

So sometimes you have days where you're just not interested in work and nothing seems to excite you anymore and all you can think about is getting home...
Well I have these kinds of days every so often and it always annoys me when I realise the reason I've been feeling like that is because I've forgotten why I'm here and what it's all about. What brought me out of this downward spiral was a few choice comments from my tutors. I began explaining again what my work was about and realised again that I had stopped playing music! (This month is purely cello theory).
As soon as I got home I got the guitar out and played to my hearts content, then fired up Sibelius and wrote a tango and finished a section of an orchestral piece I've been working on in the past few months. I remembered exactly what I was all about and why music is so integral to my work - It's who I am and what inspires me!!

Never forget to enjoy your work and remember why you do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment