Tuesday 10 February 2015

It's all about the Christmas Tree...

So...
December and January went by far too quickly for me, but so far this Winter has been amazing!

I'm sure Jim will agree that I got far too excited almost every day on the run up to the Christmas holidays but Winter is my favourite time of the year...

Just before the holidays I got a bit of welding instruction from a trained welder who was passing by on how to vertically weld some pretty heavy material so that it's up to a safe standard for bearing a lot of weight. The way he explained was to use the 'Christmas Tree' method, so it really is all about the Christmas Tree!

Moving on...

So the last project was a piece for Dumbreck Court. I think the design is really nice and I feel very lucky to have worked on it.
Here are a lot of pictures of everything going together...

 Some lovely lettering in an art nouveau style as the design is in the same style.



 These are some of the pieces for the top of the right hand posts which have been cut out using the new plasma cutter (which is fantastic!).
 And here they are after sanding.
 Unfortunately it got dark pretty early, so there was a bit of night welding...

 It was also pretty cold so there was a lot of frosty mornings and cold hands...
 






 Shiny...
 And that's it finally going up on site!

We'll be going back out on site to get a few more photographs when the weather is a bit nicer. I'm told it was freezing and raining...so not the best of days to be putting up a big, cold steel archway...
I have to come clean and admit I wasn't there when this went in because I was very, very lucky enough to have a week away in France snowboarding with my friends because I have such an amazing boss! (Thank you again Jim)

So here's a few of my favourite photographs from the holiday.
The team...
 Neil
 Amy
 Me...

And here's some more...







So that was an awesome holiday, made me really happy and ready to get back to work!! (Thank you guys for a really memorable and super fun holiday)

I'm going to wait a bit to post pictures of the other project I've been helping with so I can show you the finished piece, but that will be after it comes back from the galvanisers.

For now, take care and have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment